McCarthy Tétrault advises leading retailers in Canada, the United States and internationally, offering a “one-stop shop” with expertise in business law, labour and employment, real property, intellectual property, tax, internet and e-commerce, product liability and recalls, consumer warranty and protection, corporate reorganizations, competition/antitrust and corporate litigation. We have offices in Canada’s major financial centres and we are proud to be a fully bilingual firm for clients who need French-language assistance.
Our clients have included local and international retailers, such as lululemon, Canadian Tire, Costco, Starbucks, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hertz Canada, Colabor Group, Sephora, Fruits & Passion, The Putting Edge, The Bata Shoe Organization, Staples, Harry Rosen, Mister Transmission International and Leon’s Furniture. We also represent consumer product manufacturers and distributers, including Pepsi, Unilever, Corby Distilleries and Kraft Foods.
Our expertise and services include the following:
- trade and cross-border matters
- corporate finance
- acquisitions and dispositions
- real property
- privacy and data protection
- labour and employment
- intellectual property (trademarks, patents and copyright)
- issues related to manufacturing advertising, contests and promotions
- public companies advice
- technology, licensing and outsourcing
- all types of services and consulting contracts and agreements
- payment systems and loyalty programs
- franchising and distribution
- litigation, including class actions and product liability
Read more about our group on McCarthy Tétrault’s website.