*This is a guest post by Mirella Pisciuneri and Katherine Forbes of Richter Advisory Group. The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily represent the views of McCarthy Tétrault.
Roughly one decade ago, there was much speculation as to how Canadian retail brands would fare when international fast-fashion chains began opening stores in Canada. In addition, while new chains have made their presence known across the country and with increasing consolidation and emphasis on ecommerce, the retail market has become increasingly interesting to watch.
Large and established fast fashion brands of significant scale are often vertically integrated, with a … Continue Reading
McCarthy Tetrault’s 6th Annual Consumer Products and Retail Summit was held on February 25, 2016. Here are our key takeaways from the Summit, including practical tips from each of our topics:
Trends and Lessons Learned from Recent Retail Restructurings
Katherine Forbes and Mirella Pisciuneri, Richter Advisory Group
… Continue Reading
- E-commerce is here to stay and is key to success, but only as part of a strategy combined with ‘bricks & mortar’ to create a customer experience
- Vertical integration and comprehensive merchandise planning are critical for reducing costs and improving profit margins
- Make the most of available consumer profile information, but be mindful
McCarthy Tétrault’s multidisciplinary Consumer Products and Retail Group is hosting our sixth annual national McCarthy Tétrault Consumer Products & Retail Summit, which will provide practical tips to address timely issues facing retailers and consumer facing businesses today.
Richter Advisory Group Inc. will discuss key trends and lessons learned from recent restructurings in the retail sector.
This will be followed by our panels of experts who will discuss the following topics:
… Continue Reading
- Real estate issues, including the impact of e-commerce on “bricks and mortar” and leasing strategies;
- Recent developments in competition law, including compliance policies, the display of prices and current priorities